Sunday, April 08, 2007

Post-birthday Musing...

Last April 3, I turned 30. Unlike some people, I don't consider my birthday a scourge. I don't see the point of feeling miserable whenever my birthday comes around. If anything, it's a chance for me to thank God for letting me get this far and to hope that He will give me more.

I guess the only thing that would make me feel sad about a birthday is realizing that I wasn't able to do something that I could've done.

There are 30 things I should've done before I had turned 30: I wish I had...

1) ...learned to drive at an earlier age.
2) ...submitted an article for Youngblood.
3) ...learned to play a musical instrument.
4) ...gotten married.
5) ...gotten pregnant.
6) ...trekked up the majestic Mt. Apo.
7) ...learned enough swimming to survive.
8) ...learned Photoshop.
9) ...earned my master's degree.
10) ...solved the Rubik's Cube.
11) ...donated blood.
12) ...written anything worth publishing.
13) ...been brave enough to let that person know how much I cared.
14) ...gone overseas, if only for a day.
15) ...secured a passport.
16) ...saved enough money in the bank.
17) ...learned Nihongo. Seriously.
18) ...been more organized with my things.
19) ...started a scrapbook.
20) ...started a travelogue.
21) ...tried surfing when I went to Siargao.
22) ...engaged myself in any sport.
23) ...applied for a scholarship grant abroad.
24) ...gotten an insurance policy.
25) ...put up my own webpage.
26) ...taken a stab at the Palanca Awards.
27) ...started a small business.
28) ...learned how to handle my finances [that is, if there's any to handle].
29) ...done something to make my mom proud of me.
30) ...done something significant for the world.

But as optimistic as I tend to be, maybe I will have my chance at fulfilling some things on the list before I turn 40.

No comments: